Monday, December 11
Help Get Out the Vote in Alabama
Sign up with National Indivisible to help get out the vote in Alabama by text banking.
Tuesday, December 12
Day of Action to Save Net Neutrality
To learn what net neutrality is and how the loss of it will affect the way you use the Internet, start by reading this brief NPR story. Then:
- Join the battle to save net neutrality by participating in the "Break the Internet" protest here.
- Click here to use the "Battle for the Net" tool to call Congress.
- There will be a rally in D.C. to save net neutrality on Wednesday, December 13, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Share this link on Facebook and/or Twitter, and send it by email to friends and family in the D.C. area. Ask them to pass the information along the same way. Anyone who attends the event can also go to the overlapping People's Rally Against the GOP Tax Scam.
Wednesday, December 13
Tax Bill Economics With Prof. Richard D. Wolff
Judson Memorial Church
55 Washington Square South
7:30 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Democracy at Work hosts Prof. Richard D. Wolff (who describes himself as "America's most prominent Marxist economist") for a talk about the impact of the tax bill. Other topics will include
- Why the revolt against workplace sex abuse now?
- A real economic solution for that abuse.
- The economics of Trump’s Jerusalem stunt.
Thursday, December 14 - TWO ACTIONS
1. Indivisible UES Monthly Meeting
Unitarian Church of All Souls
1157 Lexington Ave., at 80th Street
7:30 p.m. - 9 p.m.
All are welcome at our monthly meeting! Upper East Side residency is not requirement. We will have a guest from NY Indivisible to talk about an exciting January 2018 event.
2. Weekly Impeach Protest - Focus on Sexual Assault
Fox News Channel
1211 Avenue of the Americas
5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Before coming to the Indivisible UES meeting, stop by Rise and Resist's weekly rally for Trump's impeachment. Each week, the rally is at a different location. This Thursday, Rise and Resist invites you to "voice our collective rage that a sexual abuser leads our nation. From the misogynist network that props up the Predator-in-Chief, we will march to Trump Tower and together call out IMPEACH and WE BELIEVE THE WOMEN and TRUMP, YOU'RE FIRED. Men who harass and hurt women are finally losing their jobs. Now it's his turn."
Friday, December 15
If you've done one or more of the actions on this week's list or via your own initiative, take a rest. If you haven't participated in any actions this week, go to 5calls.org and pick a topic to call about. Don't wait. Create.
Disclaimer: By choosing to attend any events listed herein, I acknowledge the risks involved, and that I agree to participate non-violently and in accordance with the law. During some events, acts of civil disobedience may be initiated by individual participants. I acknowledge and agree that Indivisible Upper East Side is not responsible for any such acts of individual participants which are unlawful, nor is Indivisible Upper East Side soliciting my participation in any such activity. I agree that I am solely responsible for any decision to participate in any acts of civil disobedience and any consequences, legal or otherwise, that may result from that decision.