DON'T LIKE WHAT'S GOING ON? Tell our Members of Congress how you feel!
Their offices tally how many calls they get, and on what topics. Your call makes a difference.
- Senator Chuck Schumer: 212-486-4430
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand: 212-688-6262
- Representative Carolyn Maloney: 212-860-0606
You can also use ResistBot. Text "Resist" to 50409, and your message will be
delivered in under 2 minutes. Nothing to download!
Appreciate Your Impact!
The impact you have as an activist isn't solely represented by hundreds of thousands of protesters marching in the street. There are cumulative effects that are more subtle, including the record number of female candidates running for elected office for the first time. Rebecca Traister wrote about this phenomenon in the Jan. 22, 2018, issue of New York Magazine. Compelling facts include:
- 390 women are planning to run for the House of Representatives. Traister points out, "Twenty-two of them are non-incumbent black women — for scale, there are only 18 black women in the House right now." Forty-nine women are expected to run for senator.
- Run for Something — launched last year to recruit first-time candidates younger than 35 — expected around 100 people to sign up in year one. Instead, 15,000 did.
- VoteRunLead, which trains female candidates for local and state-level offices, said, that usually two-thirds of its resources are devoted to persuading women to run, with a goal of tapping 2,000 women nationwide. But in 2017, 3,200 women were trained by VoteRunLead and over 10,000 contacted the group unsolicited.
On a similar note, Alec MacGillis of ProPublica pointed out that left-wing defeatism about gun control has been a self-fulfilling prophecy that has helped keep the NRA in power even as its influence has waned. That kind of thinking is passive, not active. Be an activist!
Indivisible Upper East Side conducts letter-writing campaigns. Click the links below to participate.
If you're not in our district, feel free to take inspiration and/or content from our letters.
Invite your neighbors.
Print out and distribute these fliers at home and work. We welcome new members!
Print a sign for a protest.